Creamy prawn curry
- vegetable oil - 2 teaspoons
- ginger, finely chopped - 5cm piece
- madras curry powder - 2 teaspoons
- dried chilli powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- ground turmeric - 1/2 teaspoon
- tomatoes, peeled, deseeded, finely chopped - 2
- cinnamon stick - 1/2
- bay leaves - 2
- can Ayam coconut cream - 400ml
- chicken stock - 2 cups
- large green prawns, peeled, deveining, tails intact - 1.5kg
1.Heat oil in a large, heavy-based saucepan over low heat.Add ginger. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until softened.Add curry powder, chilli powder and turmeric. Cook, stirring,for 1 minute or until aromatic.Add tomatoes, cinnamon and bay leaves. Stir to combine.
2. Slowly add coconut cream, stirring constantly. Add stock.Increase heat to medium. Cook, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until sauce thickens slightly.
3. Reduce heat to low. Add prawns. Cook for 3 minutes or until prawns just turn pink. Discard cinnamon. Serve coriander sprigs. Serve with lime wedges.
prawns. Cook for 3 minutes or until prawns just turn pink. Discard cinnamon. Serve coriander sprigs. Serve with lime wedges.Add to Favourites